CHEAP, very CHEAP WI-FI

Share information, ask for help ....

CHEAP, very CHEAP WI-FI

Postby Administrator » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 am

Yeah, cheap as chips, as some idiot on the tele keeps saying.

Vodafone have just introduced a new WI-FI dongle, you no longer have to have it connected to the computer, or be tied down to one spot.

It will work anywhere in or out of the house as long as it's charged, we are using it inside the house and getting genuine broadband speeds from it equal to any phone line connection.

It will even allow full SKYPE usage with video and we just have it propped up on a bookcase in the hallway.

We are also running two computers and an i-pod all at the same time.

All from this tiny credit card sized little device.

You buy the device outright including two months completely unlimited access for 49euro, then just top it up for twenty euro for another two months ad infinitum.

If only everything in life was as easy.... :D

Be good
Gerry

PS,
Just a thought.

With 4 dogs, trying to get to their little droppings before a swarm of flies is a mammoth task.

Have you ever wondered how so many of the little winged buggers get to a fresh load of droppings before it even reaches the floor, I have and I think I have the answer...... :oops:

WI-FLY, they have little lookouts all round the place, as soon as they see a dog assuming the pose they send out an instant message on WI-FLY. Clever ain't I.... :lol:
Man with a Van, removals to and from the UK
CLEARWATER' Pool maintenance.
Over £5000 invested in automated Pool cleaning equipment
Holiday home management, meet and Greet, cleaning, Gardening and general repairs
Administrator
Princeps Senatus

Re: CHEAP, very CHEAP WI-FI

Postby andrew205 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:47 am

Re: WiFi dongle. we will be in Puglia in a few weeks, I have Sky Broadband in UK. There is no internet access in the villa, will I be able to buy a dongle that will connect me to the internet whilst there? Any advice appreciated.
andrew205
Liberto

Re: CHEAP, very CHEAP WI-FI

Postby Administrator » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Providing you have a Codice Fiscale you can buy one in any of the phone shops, or, depending on how long you need it for I do have a spare one to save you signing your life away.

I am not selling it, but you can borrow it, all you need to do is recharge the monthly dues which I think is about 15 euro, but I'm not sure.

Let me know and we can meet up to let you have it, I keep it just in case any of the renters in the properties we look after need internet access. Hence the reason why I don't want to sell it.

No charge for borrowing it.
Gerry
320 385 6911
Man with a Van, removals to and from the UK
CLEARWATER' Pool maintenance.
Over £5000 invested in automated Pool cleaning equipment
Holiday home management, meet and Greet, cleaning, Gardening and general repairs
Administrator
Princeps Senatus

Return to Informazione